The Holly Downtown Development Authority is strongly encouraging outdoor dining within the DDA District. Outdoor dining adds to the character of the business district, encourages walkability, and brings life into a commercial area. As in incentive, the DDA is offering a one-time, 50/50 grant to purchase tables, chairs, umbrellas, awnings, or fencing to use in an outdoor dining area within the DDA District. The maximum grant amount is $1,000. Funds are limited, so grants will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis. Click to download the Outdoor Dining Grant Program Application.
- All DDA District eateries are eligible to apply for the DDA Outdoor Dining Grant.
- Grants may be awarded for up to 50% of the total cost of the qualified purchases, with a maximum grant amount of $250.
- The applicant must match the grant with documented matching funds.
- A business owner may apply for an Outdoor Dining Grant one time in a three year period.
- The DDA will not accept applications for previously purchased items.
- Priority is given to purchases that enhance Holly’s historical character.
- Grant awards are not to be used to replace already existing outdoor dining equipment. The DDA wants to encourage new outdoor dining venues and will consider granting funds for replacement costs in future years.
- All grant awards are subject to available funding and submitting an application does not guarantee funding.
Eligible purchases include outdoor tables, chairs, umbrellas, awnings, and fencing. Other outdoor material may be reviewed by DDA Board on a case by case basis.
Please click to download the Outdoor Dining Grant Program Application and return it to the DDA Office at 202 S. Saginaw St. in Holly. Your application will first be reviewed by the DDA Executive Director to ensure completeness and appropriateness and then will be forwarded to the DDA Board. The DDA will approve or deny your request. When approved, you may make your purchase and submit receipts to the DDA Director. A reimbursement check, totaling 50% of the total cost of eligible expenses- unless otherwise specified by the DDA Board, will be written to the applicant.